Important Information from your School Counselors - 4/20/2020
Dear 10th Grade Families,
We hope that this communication finds you and your family well! These certainly have been challenging times and the Counseling Department wanted to just check in to:
• Remind you how awesome you are doing!
• Acknowledge that this is challenging on all of us so reach out to loved ones.
• Check in with you all with some announcements and updates.
• Remind you that we are here as a resource for you.
Here are some updates and things to keep in mind from our “Office” to your home:
• We were in the midst of meeting with each of our tenth grade families individually for their Upper Class Transition Meeting when school closed. Many were able to participate, however some were not due to our school closure. We have connected via email to offer the option of participating via Google Hangout or completing your individual tasks through Google Classroom. We have heard from some but would love to have full participation in the responses. If you have not done so, please take a moment to complete the Google Form here.
• We are moving forward with the scheduling process for next year. You should have recently received a communication regarding the status of your requests. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your counselor if you have any questions about the process. If you would like to make a change to your schedule requests, please complete the following form:
Did you see the email we sent with ways to enjoy this unprecedented time? Missed it? Click here to read it!
ON THE ACADEMIC FRONT
• Keep in touch with your teachers. If you have any specific questions regarding a class, reach out to the individual teacher. Please be sure to work on completing these assignments and turn them in through your respective classroom pages for each subject.
• Let us know if there are extenuating circumstances, a family member or you are feeling under the weather or something in your household has changed and you need our support to communicate this to teachers. We know that this time has been challenging and situations are always evolving. PLEASE make your counselor aware; as always we are here for you!
• On behalf of the Counseling Department, we know that we are navigating these uncharted waters together. We appreciate your continued resilience and adaptability as we evolve in this new experience. We hope that all of you and your families are doing well and staying healthy. Please reach out for support as needed!
NEW PROCESS FOR WORKING PAPERS
Working Papers: The process for working papers has changed a bit. Should you want to/need to request working papers please email our school nurse, Mrs. Basha at Elizabeth.Basha@irvingtonschools.org. She will be able to support you through the new virtual process.
Your High School Counselors
SEE WHAT YOUR COUNSELORS HAVE BEEN UP TO!