COURSE REQUESTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Dear Irvington Students and Families,We hope this email finds you well, healthy and safe. We are writing as a follow-up to Ms. GM’s email sent earlier this month.Today we will be releasing student course requests for the 2020-2021 school year through Home Access. In this Course Verification Period, we ask that all families log into Home Access and view Student Course Requests.
• Click here for instructions regarding how to access Student Course Requests in Home Access
• Please complete this form if you cannot log into Home Access. Please be sure to select Home Access Center.Please review Student Course Requests carefully, especially those that require summer assignments .• If you are seeking any changes to your Student Course Requests, you must provide any feedback via the Google Form on or before April 23, 2020.• Students should not email counselors directly unless they feel there is additional information they wish to share after completing the form.
• If you have not yet completed the original request form, please do so. Rising 9th Graders should use this form. Rising 10-12th graders should use this form.• Counselors will update Student Course Requests after April 23 and will work to fill all core course requests. If there are any issues fulfilling core course requests, Counselors will be in touch with impacted students.• With regard to honors placement, students who qualified for an honors class will see those courses in their course requests. We recognize that your child may be disappointed if they are not accepted. However, we hope you’ll remember that most Advanced Placement classes are open enrollment, so all students will be given the opportunity to take advanced level courses in junior and senior years.• If you have questions regarding the honors placement decision for your child, please reach out directly to the appropriate department chairperson listed below.• English: Ms. Jennifer Lentini
• Social Studies: Dr. Jeff Rieck
• Math: Dr. Rey Serrano
• Science: Ms. Amy Ma
• World Languages: Ms. Allyson Tempest
• Art: Ms. Nina Rossi• With regard to electives, Counselors will work to get students' primary or alternate course requests and only if they are unable to fill a student’s primary or alternate request will Counselors reach out to gain additional input. Please note that completing a request does not guarantee the ability to add the class into a student’s schedule.
• Students will not see any support classes listed in their course requests. These classes, such as academic support and resource room, will be added after annual reviews are completed.
• In the meantime, please review the list of classes that require summer work. Giving you this information now is intended to help you make informed decisions about classes and the work that will need to be done prior to the school year beginning. You can access a list of all courses that have summer work here.If you need support, please reach out to your Counselor:If your last name begins with A-C: Ms. Colman is your School CounselorIf your last name begins with D-J: Mrs. Attenello is your School CounselorIf your last name begins with K-P: Mr. Lund is your School CounselorIf your last name begins with Q-Z: Ms. Kruge is your School CounselorThank you in advance for carefully reviewing your child’s 2020-2021 course requests. It is our hope that this new Course Verification Period will assist in creating individualized programs that best meet the needs and interests of each student. With that in mind, please understand that we look to build a comprehensive schedule with balanced classes and your child’s schedule will be released later in the summer.Please do not hesitate to contact either of us if you have any questions.Many thanks,Juliet Gevargis-Mizimakoski & Emily Colman