New Student Registration Process, Documents & Forms
Irvington School District Registration
Welcome to the award winning Irvington Union Free School District in Irvington, New York! We look forward to welcoming your student in the near future. Our registration is governed by NYS law, which requires residency for families living within the Irvington School District boundaries for students (ages 5-21) to attend tuition free.
Kindergarten registration begins on January 17, 2023. In order for a child to be eligible the parent/guardian and child must reside in the Irvington School District and the child must be five (5) years of age on or before December 31st. Proof of your child's age and proof of your child's residency are required. Kindergarten registration is an online process.
First Time Enrollment
If this is your first child to enroll in the Irvington School District, click on the Online Registration link below. This will bring you to the account Irvington Parent Portal screen. Click on 'Create Account' and you will receive an email from PowerSchool. Log back into the portal and click on 'Add Student' and complete the forms. This starts the registration process for your child.
Already Have Children Enrolled
If you already have children enrolled in the Irvington School District and you have a Parent Portal account, log into the Parent Portal. Click on Add Student. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email confirmation. The link is open all year for students registering for the current school year.
Required Registration Documents
Before you access the online registration link, please read the information below which will guide you through some of the information you will need to complete the registration process. The registration link will prompt you to create a PowerSchool account. To register a student the following documents must be presented to the Registrar.
Proof of Birth
- Birth certificate
Proof of Residency
- You are asked to provide the following forms of proof of residency:
- ONE of the following pertaining to a home in the District:
- Mortgage or closing statement
- A notarized (signed by both landlord and lessee) Signed Lease
- A notarized rent receipt
- Absent the above, you will need a signed, notarized affidavit from the property owner. Contact the registrar for the form needed.
- In addition, copies of any TWO of the following documents must be submitted:
- Property tax bill
- Telephone bill
- Gas & electric bill
- Water bill
- Driver’s license/Picture ID
- Oil company bill
- Bank statement
- Insurance bill
- Bank statement
- Voter registration card
Proof of Custody
If you, as a parent or guardian, are separated, divorced, or have custody as the result of a court order agreement, a fully-executed copy of the court order agreement may be submitted as an additional document. Any one of the following may be provided:
- Legal Guardianship Papers
- Court Order granting custody
- Affidavits from parent surrendering control and person assuming responsibility for student
Health Forms and Requirements
- Welcome to the Health Office
- NYS Immunization records
- Physical health form (performed within the past 12 months)
- Dental Certificate
- Medication Administration Form (if applicable)
- Allergy/Medication Administration Form (if applicable)
- Asthma Medication Administration Form (if applicable)
- Seizure Action Plan (if applicable)
For pre-registrations for the following school year, we understand you may not have updated health forms. Please note they will be due to the school health office by September, for the start of school. A student must have up-to-date immunizations to start school.
If you are unable to complete this registration in this digital format for any reason, please contact the District Registrar at 914-591-8500, ext. 5011 or email Registration@IrvingtonSchools.org. The District will make arrangements for a paper registration format or in Spanish as needed.
We look forward to meeting your child in September! Please also begin to review the District website at www.IrvingtonSchools.org to learn about the award-winning Irvington UFSD and its many offerings/programs. Welcome to the IUFSD family!
The district permits tuition paying students for non-residents after reviewing an application for admission and accepting the student. Interested parents should send a letter of interest to the Superintendent’s office or Registrar.